Primary is located 10 minutes on foot from Nottingham City centre and 30 minutes from Nottingham Train Station. Primary encourages visitors to walk, cycle or use public transport to reach the site wherever possible.
Its easy to get to us by public transport we have two convenient stops close by.
- Seely Road (on Derby Road) Bus Stop
Service: 17, 18, 20, 21, 34, 36, 37, 65, L3, N36, Y36, Rainbow 4
- Highurst Road Bus Stop
Service: 28, 30, 31, L7, L18, N28
For further information on these and other services please go to the Nottingham City Transport website
M1 from Junction 25 (7.1 miles, 15 minutes)
- Head north on Exit 25
- At the roundabout, take the 4th exit onto the A52 ramp to Nottingham/Ilkeston
- Merge onto A52
- Turn left onto Toton Ln/A52 (signs for Nottingham/Ilkeston/A6007/Beeston/B6006)
- Slight left onto A52 (signs for Nottingham/Ilkeston/A6007/Beeston/B6006) Go through 1 roundabout
- At A6200, take the 2nd exit onto Derby Rd/A6200
7.Turn left onto Seely Rd.
Primary is on the left at the bottom of the road
M1 from Junction 26 (4.9 miles, 14 minutes)
- Head north on Exit 26
- At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto A610 heading to Nottingham/Bulwell/Stapleford/A6002/Nuthall
- Keep left at the fork
- Turn right onto Radford Blvd/A6130
- Turn left onto Ilkeston Road/A609
- Turn right onto Seely Road, Primary is immediately on the right
There are limitations to parking on Seely Road and it is actively patrolled. We are able to provide parking on site for those with access issues and by prior arrangement.
Primary will be closed from 22 December 2018 – 2 January 2019 and will reopen on 3 January.
Primary is also open for special events as listed on our website, but please be aware these may require booking in advance. If you would like to visit at any other time, please email us.
Primary is currently only able to provide access to our lower exhibition floor and studios. Primary, in common with all premises offering access to the public in England and Wales, adheres to the Disability Discrimination Act but recognizes that full access is not always reasonably achievable in older existing buildings.