Opportunity: Public Programme and Marketing Assistant Internship
Deadline: 25 August 2017
***Please note this opportunity is available to NTU graduates only***
Full details and application: https://futurehub.ntu.ac.uk
Job description: This post will allow someone to learn firsthand the processes involved with producing a varied arts programme, including marketing, communications, public events and exhibition production – from the practicalities of transporting art and installing it, to understanding the demands and requirements from the artists involved. You will be able to meet with a large variety of individuals from the artists themselves, to visiting arts professionals and general audiences.
You will work closely with Primary Curators Niki Russell and Rebecca Beinart, and Studio Manager Nastassja Simensky – whose experience includes running artist-run galleries; self-publishing; guest curating exhibitions; education and engagement programmes; working in commercial galleries, museums and public institutions and teaching. Previous interns have gone on to become curators, writers and museum professionals and have all valued their experience working at Primary.
- General administration; updating mailing lists, document formatting, website updating.
- Welcome desk – liaising with visitors and providing information
- Research: artists, press, contacts, suppliers and anything else that’s required.
- Assisting with installation of exhibitions, from painting walls to handling delicate artworks.
- Staffing events such as openings, performances and hospitality events.
- Opening and closing the gallery.
- Liaising with artists and responding to needs.
- Marketing, in particular promoting activities through Primary’s social media channels, and uploading content to the Primary website.
Hours and pay: Part-time, £300 per week.
Application process: Please send CV & Covering letter to gro.y1505846487ramir1505846487perae1505846487w@div1505846487ad1505846487